Monday, March 31, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
- Ham - my first attempt at Ham and glaze and I must say it was delicious! Although I'm getting little tired of it. This is my 3rd day in a row eating the 10 lb ham's left-overs.
- Pineapple-Cheese Casserole - always a hit
- Fresh Strawberry Pie w/ homemade crust
- Kentucky Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie w/ homemade crust
Erin took the left-over pies and coffee cake (made for sunday school brunch) to work the next day. Better the IT guys devour them instead of me and my thighs :)
Erin, myself, Erin P and Nate all sang or played in all 3 services so we carpooled in together at 7AM!!! Early. The worship in the service was amazing and even though we did the same service all three times, worshipping never got stale, old, or boring.
Mom, I don't remember all the songs but know we sang:
You Saved the Day (choir and soloist)
Jesus Saves (choir)
He's Alive, Alive, Alive Halleluiah
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Saturday, March 15, 2008
I love game nights. So, every time Jessica comes into town from Chattanooga, we invite the gang over and have a girls game night and dinner. I love these nights because I ROCK at Scrabble and like to prove my vocabulary and polysyllabic prowess to anyone who will play with me :) If you've seen the post from last game night you will remember that I had a controversial win last time because of my use of the world "si" which is part of the melodic scale and is sometimes used instead of "ti". (a.k.a. Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si, do). Anyway, I came this time ready to conquer.... and guess what? I DID!! (sorry Brit, Jennie, and Jess). They gave me such a hard time about my word choice last time, but look at the PROPER noun they used below...totally illegal game play. But, no hard feelings. :)
Scattergories, so it wasn't a totally successful night. But, we always have a blast together and I'm so glad that God has blessed me with such wonderful friends that have remained close since college. We even forgive one of us for being a liberal (don't worry I'm NOT the liberal one)... but mainly its okay because she's a liberal in TN and we know her vote won't really make a difference anyway :)
The Gals -- we're a strange conglomeration of girls -- but we make a good team.
We still think fingers and noses are funny.... hmmmm.
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
- Now - Pass another CLEP test. This one is MUCH harder. It is for 16 hours of Chemistry 1 and 2 credit. I only get ONE shot at this. If I don't pass then I don't get another shot and am done.
- May - Possibly shadowing a dentist friend of ours in his office. Need to have experience in a dental office so that I can discuss that in my interview with UT.
- June - Begin summer classes. I will be taking Organic Chemistry I and Physics I
- July - Next summer session. Organic Chem II and Physics II
- July - August - Take the DAT. I can take it up to 3 times.
- August - Fall term begins. Microbiology, Comparative Anatomy, Biochemistry, and possibly Histology
- November 30 - Application due to UT Memphis
- December - Finish pre-req classes
Uggh! Pray for me!