Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What have I been doing?

I've been keeping myself busy since Erin has been gone.



Tonight I went to Publix to pick up some groceries to make dinner but I got lucky. They were having a special Thanksgiving celebration and were cooking different sample meals throughout the store. I just ate dinner there. (Slightly cheap of me but hey Dave Ramsey was proud). It was great. I had honeybaked ham, turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, green beans, cider, coffee, shrimp cocktail, egg nog, ice cream, cobbler, and they also had chess pie available. But, I had just gotten done working out so I only had one dessert :) It was free, it was good, and it kept me from having to cook. Hallelujah!



My friend Jessica Lacy (the one on the left with the fantastic reddish hair) came into town this weekend. She, Brittany, and I spent the entire day shopping and eating and laughing. Dave Ramsey even let me buy a fantastic pair of trouser jeans. I have been needing jeans that actually fit me so badly. Jessica then spent the night at the house. We stayed up way too late and dyed our hair on a whim. I haven't dyed my hair since high school, but fortunately I had the presence of mind to by a 6 day wash out. It isn't too horrible. In fact, I'm thinking about dying my hair permanently the color of Brittany's (the one just to the right of me).


I also kept Charlotte again this past weekend. I love this little dog!


I started a Beth Moore study called "Living Beyond Yourself". I have actually done this study but found myself needing to really study the Fruits of the Spirit again. The fruits of the Spirit should be very apparent in every aspect of my life as a follower of Christ, yet I know they aren't. It has been really powerful so far. One of the things that hit home for me this week is this: we talk politically about how people aren't entitled to anything...especially when it comes to border control issues, amnesty, etc. But, we also need to remember that on a spiritual lever. The only thing I'm "entitled to" or deserve is death. "For the wages of sin is death." Thank you Lord that I'm not getting what I deserve. Only by grace do we have the wonderful lives that we have. We should expect suffering. We should count our sufferings a blessing because no matter how severe, they aren't as bad as eternal separation from our Creator.

Last week I got all caught up on the show HEROES. It is really cool. It makes me want a super power. But, I guess all super powers have their cons. If you heal from anything, you can't die....which seems cool but I'd get tired of this earth around 100 years old when all of my loved ones were dead. The technopathy superpower is cool though... being able to get technology to do anything you want through your mind. Anway, it is a really neat show. But, don't get the wrong idea, just because I like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Heroes, and Lost does NOT mean I'm a sci-fi fantasy dork. Or maybe it does. Whatever.

No comments: