Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dad's Retirement from USAF - San Antonio





Last weekend we went to San Antonio to attend Dad's retirement ceremony from the Air Force. It was one of the proudest moments of my life. I was so honored to be Dad's daughter at that moment. It is clear that he is highly respected by everyone who knows him at the Air Force. Since he has been a reservist most of my life, I haven't gotten to see that aspect of his life as much. I wish that everyone (his family, his church) would see how capable, faithful, intelligent, and dependable Dad is and give him the respect and praise and following that he deserves. Sometimes pastors get the raw end of the deal and church members try to treat them like their personal puppet, but it was soo cool to see him people salute him, respect him, listen to him, praise him, say they wanted their kids to be like him, etc. We are so proud of you Dad and love you so much.



At the ceremony, Dad received the Legion of Merit medal which is the HIGHEST NON-COMBAT medal military personnel can receive. What a huge honor...and he's my Dad!! Erin and I were really proud and really impressed.


Another highlight of the trip was seeing the rest of the family, of course. It was great to be able to spend time with each other and catch up and have some fun. Zion and Calvin were definitely the stars of the show though :)



No comments: