One of the things we enjoyed doing was looking at all the scrapbooks we had dating back to the 1800's!! I brought several books back with me to use some family photos for artwork in our new house. My scanner went kaput so I can only show you one picture.Can you tell which is my mom? From left, Mom(Diane), Grandma, Huck, Grandpa, Susan, Cathy, Great Grandma VanScyoc (I think). Wasn't Grandma pretty?!
Here are just a few things I love about my grandparents:
- Grandpa and Grandma are still in love. They still adore each other, kiss each other good morning and goodnight, and are attentive to each others needs. Its so sweet and gives me hope that we can beat the divorce statistics.
- There isn't a single divorce in that family...pretty cool statistic.
- Grandpa is the original Dave Ramsey, seriously. He and Erin talked about the right way to do real estate all weekend. :)
- Grandma, even with her Alzheimer's/dementia, still has such a great sense of humor and personality.
- They are faithful to the Lord and put their faith into practice.
- They both have a sweet tooth - that's where I got it from :)
- Their main concern in death is each other and their children, not themselves.
- They love music and dancing. (As evidenced by how much they LOVE the Lawrence Welk show)